
Belgian Pro League: Durosinmi stunned by Antwerp's 4-4 Genk draw
Rafiu Durosinmi scored again and won Man of the Match, but Genk surrendered a 4-1 lead as Antwerp fought back for a 4-4 draw.
Rafiu Durosinmi was named Man of the Match after scoring his third goal in as many games, but the Nigerian striker was left stunned as Genk surrendered a 4-1 advantage in a 4-4 Belgian Pro League draw at Antwerp.
Genk appeared to be in control after building a three-goal lead, only for the home side to produce a dramatic recovery. Antwerp eventually levelled the contest, denying Genk the victory that had seemed likely when the visitors were four goals ahead.
Durosinmi said he had been among the substitutes from the point when Genk led 3-1 and found the turnaround difficult to comprehend. He added that the home supporters continued to drive Antwerp forward during the recovery.
The Genk forward also identified a penalty as an important moment in Antwerp’s response. He declined to give a firm view on that phase of the match and said he wanted to watch the incident again before commenting further.
Despite the result, Durosinmi said Genk could take encouragement from the period during the first 30 minutes after half-time. He regarded that spell as evidence of the team’s stronger qualities, even though the advantage was ultimately lost.
The draw leaves Genk needing to recover quickly in the Belgian Pro League. The team’s next fixture is at home to SK Beveren on Friday, when the focus will be on turning the positive elements from the second half into a complete performance.
Durosinmi also stressed the importance of Genk staying together after the setback. The message within the team, he said, was that players should remain confident and show unity in the days ahead.
Source: Score Nigeria



