
Hearts of Oak see FIFA transfer ban lifted after Hiddink settlement
Hearts of Oak can register players again after paying former technical director Rene Hiddink the $150,000 ordered by FIFA.
Hearts of Oak have had their FIFA registration ban lifted after settling a $150,000 award owed to former technical director Rene Hiddink. The Ghanaian club announced on August 18, 2026, that FIFA had confirmed the case was closed after Hiddink received the outstanding money.
The dispute began when Hearts ended Hiddink’s three-year contract before its scheduled conclusion. The club did not pay the remaining amount due under the agreement, leading the Dutchman to pursue the matter through FIFA.
FIFA ruled in Hiddink’s favour and ordered Hearts to pay $150,000. It also blocked the Phobians from registering players until the financial obligation was cleared, leaving the club unable to complete its incoming transfer business while the case remained unresolved.
Hearts later approached Hiddink’s representatives to seek a settlement. His legal representative, David Winnie, said Hiddink rejected that route and wanted the club to follow the FIFA decision by paying the full sum awarded to him.
That payment has now been completed, and Hiddink has confirmed that he received it. FIFA’s closure of the case restores Hearts’ ability to register new players and finish their preparations for the 2026/27 Ghana Premier League season.
The resolution comes as Hearts prepare for the campaign under head coach Nebojsa Kapor. The club are also scheduled to meet Asante Kotoko in the Democracy Cup on August 28, a fixture included in their build-up to the new season.
Hearts said the dispute had been concluded and maintained that it had acted in good faith while seeking a responsible and amicable solution. With the ban removed, the club can now proceed with its registration plans without the restriction imposed during the Hiddink case.
Source: GhanaSoccernet



