
Tyson Fury attacks Anthony Joshua over money dispute before bout
Tyson Fury has accused Anthony Joshua and Eddie Hearn of seeking more money, putting their proposed November 20 heavyweight fight at risk.
Tyson Fury has accused Anthony Joshua and promoter Eddie Hearn of demanding more money, putting their proposed heavyweight fight at risk. The bout is tentatively planned for November 20, but the venue and financial terms remain unresolved.
Fury made the attack on social media after Joshua’s camp objected to a possible move from London to Madison Square Garden in New York. Joshua and Hearn have argued that a meeting between two British heavyweights should be staged in England, while the event’s Saudi-backed investor, Turki Alalshikh, is pushing for New York.
The former heavyweight champion claimed the venue argument was being used to seek a larger payment. He said Joshua and Hearn had already benefited from several business arrangements connected to Alalshikh, including boxing, darts and snooker ventures, yet were still pressing for improved terms.
Fury said he had accepted each proposed location during negotiations, including England, Ireland and the United States. His position, as presented by the fighter, is that he wants the contest to happen regardless of where it is held and does not intend to demand an additional payment for fighting in New York.
The dispute has created another obstacle for a long-awaited meeting between the British rivals. Madison Square Garden would provide a major American venue, while the event is also expected to serve the interests of Netflix and Zuffa, which is seeking to place its fighters on the undercard as it expands in boxing.
Joshua, a Nigerian-born former two-time world heavyweight champion and 2012 Olympic gold medallist, has not been reported as having answered Fury’s accusations. No purse figures, contract details or specific financial demands have been disclosed, leaving the size and basis of the disagreement unclear. A change from a British stadium to New York could still require adjustments to the original agreement, but the fight’s November 20 date remains tentative.
Source: Sports247 Nigeria



