
Sam Sodje Calls NFF Fact-Finding Committee a Waste of Time
Former Nigeria international Sam Sodje says the NFF needs accountability and reform, not another committee to investigate the country’s setbacks.
Former Nigeria international Sam Sodje has rejected the Nigeria Football Federation’s decision to create a fact-finding committee on the country’s national-team failures, calling the initiative a waste of time. He said the priority should be accountability rather than another investigation.
Sodje argued that the process would have little value if the NFF leadership responsible for overseeing the national teams remained central to it. In his view, the federation cannot properly examine failures involving its own leadership and administrative structures.
His criticism follows Nigeria’s failure to qualify for the 2026 FIFA World Cup and the Super Falcons’ absence from the 2027 Women’s World Cup. The country’s youth teams have also suffered recent setbacks, adding to the scrutiny facing the federation.
The former defender said Nigerians had already seen committees and investigations formed after earlier disappointments without substantial changes following. He warned that the new panel could divert attention from those responsible for national-team administration, preparation and development.
Sodje called for responsibility, openness and practical reforms, saying the latest announcement should not delay difficult decisions. He also opposed allowing another review process to replace action on the problems affecting Nigerian football.
Pressure on the NFF leadership is increasing ahead of the federation’s elective congress, scheduled for September 27, 2026. The committee is being established amid that wider debate over how the national teams are managed and how recent failures should be addressed.
Source: Sports247 Nigeria



