
Karela United face FIFA transfer ban over Ghana Premier League dispute
Karela United have been barred by FIFA from registering players after failing to settle a financial dispute with former player Sana Camara.
Karela United have been placed under a FIFA transfer ban over an unresolved financial dispute with former player Sana Camara. The Ghana Premier League club cannot register new players domestically or internationally until the outstanding amount is paid.
FIFA communicated the decision in a letter dated August 17, 2026, after Karela failed to comply with an earlier ruling in the case. The world governing body has also directed the Ghana Football Association to apply the restriction within Ghana.
Karela said it was surprised that the sanction had been imposed while the matter was still being challenged. The club said it had been contesting Camara’s claims and taking part in proceedings before FIFA’s relevant adjudicatory bodies.
The club’s legal department is now communicating with FIFA and the other parties involved in an effort to settle the dispute. Karela said it would continue working towards a resolution and release more information when it considered it appropriate.
FIFA’s letter did not state how much Karela owes Camara. The ban could affect the club’s recruitment during the current registration period and may remain active for as many as three consecutive registration windows if the obligation is not cleared.
The restriction limits Karela’s ability to add players while the case remains unresolved. Its national effect will be overseen through the Ghana Football Association, while the international registration ban applies under FIFA’s regulations.
Source: GhanaSoccernet



